Monday, August 20, 2012

Arturo #2

I Can't sit still while the paint and sanding sealer is drying on the prototype guitars.

Here you can see one of my latest slap together CBG's. Arturo #2.
The neck is an old Kramer that had all kinds of holes in it from a Floyd bolt on nut.
I filled the holes with maple dowel and installed a bone nut. The headstock was so damaged I decided to give it a Parker look, reducing the overall weight of the neck.
The Bridge is an off brand top loader that I had laying around. The electronics are recycled from old tear downs. The arm rest is scrap pearloid from previous repairs. The only thing that is not scrap or recycled is the pickup. I custom wound that using specs for the middle Strat single coil pickup. The body is only 1.5 inches thick, not really enough room to make the pickup adjustable, so I embedded the pickup in the lid.

I plugged her in last night and started her up and boy does she sound fantastic.
Low action, smooth neck, really clean sound. Perfect for blues or even some heavy rock.
Overall I'm extremely happy with this one.

No comments: