Monday, October 17, 2011

In the Shop



In the shop this weekend I had 3 projects in progress. I was color sanding and painting the final color coats on Mike's Jaguar and Andy's Strat. I was also rough cutting bodies for some custom guitars.

To better explain rough cutting. I start with a Plywood template and route about a .25" deep around the template on the wood blank. From there I hit the Band Saw. Using the routed channel, I'll cut the body out, right down the middle of the route. Once cut out, I'll break out the router again. Using the previously routed channel as my template I'll gradually take off the remaining stock until the route is consistent all the way around the body. Unfortunately I was in a hurry so I didn't take enough pics of the process but I have more Alder on the way so I'll have another chance to shoot pics and post.

Until next time...

No comments: