Monday, June 15, 2009

New Projects in the House

The great thing about paint is??? It needs time to dry.
So during the paint and wait stages of the 68' Vette I've started some new projects.

Project #1 is an Epiphone Les Paul from the 80's. It's seen it's share of paint and drops.
Somewhere along the line I picked up a new neck for it so now it's refinish and restoration time.

Project #2 is a Jackson Dinky body that was saved from the trash back in the early 90's when it's neck was broken in two. I shaved a 1/4 inch off the top and glued up some Wenge. I then cut a strip off the back side to cover up the tremelo hole and glued in some Cherry. I angled the neck plate area and began to carve a bit on the cutaways(more pics to come as I advance along). The plan with this one is to install 2 humbuckers, a top loading Schaller and a chandler neck. I also want to do some inlay on the Wenge but I haven't decided what to do yet.

Right now it's time to spray a bit more on the Vette.

1 comment:

Steve said...

The Les Paul is going to be sweet. I want to try it out when it's finished.