The great thing about paint is??? It needs time to dry.
So during the paint and wait stages of the 68' Vette I've started some new projects.
Project #1 is an Epiphone Les Paul from the 80's. It's seen it's share of paint and drops.
Somewhere along the line I picked up a new neck for it so now it's refinish and restoration time.
Project #2 is a Jackson Dinky body that was saved from the trash back in the early 90's when it's neck was broken in two. I shaved a 1/4 inch off the top and glued up some Wenge. I then cut a strip off the back side to cover up the tremelo hole and glued in some Cherry. I angled the neck plate area and began to carve a bit on the cutaways(more pics to come as I advance along). The plan with this one is to install 2 humbuckers, a top loading Schaller and a chandler neck. I also want to do some inlay on the Wenge but I haven't decided what to do yet.
Right now it's time to spray a bit more on the Vette.