Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The answer here was replacement tuner buttons.
I used a wrench to hold the tuner steady (using a plastic shield to protect the post from the wrench). Then, I heated up the old tuner shank using a soldering gun (the same one I use to heat up frets for removal). During the heating process, I'll gently push the new button onto the shank until I reach the point where the old button stopped.
Once the shank has cooled down, I add a drop of super glue to fill the hole left over by the shank as it enters the button. It's not needed for strength, but it gives a nice completed look.
This old girl is now all tuned up and sounding amazing, as she should.
The lower photo is the completed Uke neck from a previous post, ready for a cigar box.
I can't believe how pretty it turned out... all from scraps.
I'm going to have to dive into my scrap box again and look around for more.
I've got a ton of Cigar Box's.
Posted by dave at 8:19 AM