Monday, February 7, 2011

Polishing the Classical

All Cracks have been filled and patched. Finish has been smoothed and rough polished.
All that's left to do is final polish, replace the pick guard and string her up. I wish I could find the before pic. This classical had been through the ringer Dry... the wood was so dry I had to pump steam into the body cavity twice a month for six months until the wood held it's moisture levels. I've never seen a guitar so dry that glue wouldn't hold. She'll be back in her owners arms and singing away soon.

2 comments:

Steve said...

What did you use to pump steam? This is another Dave Zaslov trick I haven't seen before.

dave said...

I purchased a used steam cleaner and re-purposed it for shop use. you'd be surprised how some everyday items can be used in the shop.