Monday, June 14, 2010

Yup! It Works!

That's right folks after a few months of tinkering, I now have a working pickup winder. This little guy was an experiment Just waiting to be born. Pickup #1, 2500 winds of 42 awg annealed copper wire, measuring in at a whopping 6 ohms. She's a little noisy right now, not potted or grounded to anything, but she's got plenty of punch. Why would I bother making a tiny little thing like this?? Well the fine folks at Disney convinced me to teach a creative class on building musical instruments from found and recycled items. Some of the soon to be students convinced me to teach them how to build Cigar Box Guitars. So the next few posts will cover my investigating the construction of Cigar Box Guitars.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I checked out this little pickup today and it doesn't sound little. It sounds great.