Wednesday, January 14, 2009

73 SG Finished




Here you can see where I pulled the Japanese bridge and tailpiece from the guitar and plugged the holes with similar grained wood. A little bit of finish work to smooth out the gloss. I replaced the Japanese bridge with a genuine Gibson Nashville Tuneomatic and I reinstalled an original Gibson Bigsby that I was lucky enough to find on Ebay...It fit like it belonged there..which it did.

Now the only visible signs of wrong doing are the plugged hole by the E string and the strip of cherry finish under the Bigsby. I wanted to sand down to the bare wood and refinish the guitar, but the client didn't really care to go that far. I don't blame him, it's a Pawn Shop find that has been restored as close to original as possible. Doubling the current value by adding original and vintage parts.

Ask me how she plays......go ahead, Ask.......You wouldn't belive me if I told you....
Lets just say WOW!!! Smooth and Easy on the Hands, Great Response and Sustain.
I wish I could keep her.

1 comment:

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Dave makes miracles happen once again! Your "client" must've been very happy.